The Power of Your Words...

This job is killing me! I think I'm getting sick. If I don't quit smoking, I'll probably die of a heart attack one day. This life is making me crazy! I can't quit drinking. My child is going to end up in prison if they don't straighten up! I can't do anything right. Do any of these phrases sound familiar to you? Do you ever really pay attention to what you are saying on a daily basis? Our words, the bible says, have the power of death and life. "Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof." (Proverbs 18:21) What we speak on a daily basis does have an affect on our lives. Do you find yourself confessing positive or negative things everyday? "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles." (Proverbs 21:23) In other words, your mouth can cause you trouble, in more ways than one. Let me explain.

We were created in the image of God (Genesis 1:26) and God created the world and everything in it by SPEAKING (Genesis 1:3-26) So God's words obviously have power, as does ours. Now, with the exception of those who have great faith in God, most of us simply do not have enough faith to see what we say come to pass instantly as He does, nevertheless, the words we speak do have an affect on our lives according to scripture. "He that hath a perverse tongue falleth into mischief." (Proverbs 17:20) "Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth." (Proverbs 6:2) "A man shall be satisfied with good by the fruit of his mouth." (Proverbs 12:14) "He that keepeth his mouth keepeth his life, but he that openeth wide his lips shall have destruction." (Proverbs 13:3) Did you just read that one? He that keeps his mouth, or speech, keeps his life! Death and life are in the power of the tongue!

Folks, we need to start understanding some things before we continue speaking negative, destructive things about our life and the lives of our family and friends. The scripture says, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver." (Proverbs 25:11) I said all that to say this, please begin to watch what you are SAYING. Use the gift of speech that God has given you to start blessing and stop cursing. Start speaking positive things over your kids and your family. Speak God's Word over yourself and everyone around you. Stop using phrases satan invented to bring a curse upon yourself. It's nothing magical, it's just the way God designed us. If you are a believer, speak this rather, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (Philippians 4:13) I am the righteousness of Christ." (Philippians 3:9) God will heal my family. God will deliver my child from drugs. "I shall dwell safely and shall be quiet from fear of evil because I hearken unto the Lord." (Proverbs 1:32) "Length of days, long life, and peace shall be added unto me because I keep God’s commandments." (Proverbs 3:2, 3) "The tongue of the wise is health” (Proverbs 12:18)

Find scripture that pertains to something you are going through and begin to speak it daily over your circumstances. Faith comes by hearing the Word of God. (Romans 10:17) God's Word never returns void. (Isaiah 55:11) When you begin to meditate in God's Word everyday, it will change your life. So bless and don't curse, and don't speak doubt or worry. When we worry, we aren't trusting God. Begin to bless yourself and others and you will find that God will begin to bless you. Your words have the power of death and life! Speak life!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Eternal Life be Lost?

What is the Baptism of the Holy Spirit?

Where is the Power of God?